Ichiba is Europe’s largest Japanese food hall, situated within London’s Westfield White City.
CRS supplied a number of different refrigerated units to Ichiba to meet the variety of food display needs. The specific units used in this project were:
- Multiple low level grab and go multidecks (Criocabin Ethos)
- Arneg Combi Freezers
- Open fronted multidecks (Criocabin Encore)
- Multidecks with glass doors (Criocabin Encore Show)
- Multidecks for sushi, fruit and veg (Criocabin Ethos)
- Coldrooms (Criocabin Elle)
- Rearloading selfservice meat and fish units (CED Kubus)
- Fish on ice (Criocabin Enixe)
- Butchery Serve Over Counter (Criocabin Enixe)
- Service Overs (Criocabin Espirit)
- Bakery Display Counters (Oscartielle Global)
- Bakery Selfserve (CED Kubus)
- Heated serve over to Teppan/Takoyaki (CED Kubus)
For any refrigeration buffs out there, this site combined integral and remote refrigeration with the challenge of facilitating a 100m + pipe run, rising 30m inside the Westfield Shopping Centre. All this while maintaining the clean aesthetic.